Garrison Animal Care Clinic is dedicated to making our little spot of the world better with free education events and by participating with the phenomenal rescues in the area.
There is no bond like the bond between children and their pets.
At Garrison Animal Care Clinic we believe that the bond between children and animals should be fostered and encouraged to flourish. That is why we are dedicated to creating several programs in 2019 that embraces the curiosity unique to our children.
2019 Children’s programs:
- School tours of our facilities – available for Pre-K to Senior Year
- Snack and Learn Puppy and Kitten Events
- Veterinary Doctor Kits for our smaller clients to use during the visit
- GACC Talks exclusively geared toward young learners
- Veterinary Assistant Q&As to your child’s school
- Youtube Q&A – Our principal veterinarian will answer submitted questions from young people all over the world!
If you are interested in any of our programs please call us at 303.202.6200. You can also submit a request for a school tour or event to email@example.com
Our coordinator for our Snack and Learn programs
Garrison Animal Care Clinic is deeply invested in the plight of our shelter animals. We are excited to partner with many rescues and like-minded individuals in bringing health, comfort, and love to our shelter pets. Garrison is always looking for new ways to help local shelters in the area.
- GACC is a Donation Drop Off Center – Come by with your unused pet medication, foods, and blankets for donation.
- GACC offers a free initial exam for any pet adopted within the past 60 days (please bring your paperwork)
- GACC is looking to partner with adoption centers to offer medical, behavioral, and nutrition advice to owners looking to adopt.
- GACC offers a 25% discount to any rescue dog or cat in the shelter system
- GACC offers free educational seminars to shelter/foster staff regarding medical advice, pet safety, and disease control
To schedule a partnership, event, or for inquiries please reach out to our Practice Manager, James Lyons at 303-202-6200
Veterinary Assistant / CVT Internship Program
Garrison Animal Care Clinic is proud to announce our 2019 Internship program. This unpaid position is designed to help create a strong para staff for the veterinary industry through thorough training and education of para staff’s duties at a veterinary clinic. The Internship program is dedicated solely to the education of the student. Our internship director is James Lyons, Practice Manager for Garrison Animal Care Clinic.
Applicants must submit a resume and interview for the position. Each Internship position requires a commitment of 6 hours per week to be completed in 1 shift ( Monday- Saturday). Each internship period lasts for 12 weeks. There is priority placement available for students of a CVT or VA program.
- Learn electronic medical record management
- Learn the basics of client service representation working with the lead receptionist
- Learn the proper scheduling of patients
- Learn how reminder systems make and break veterinary clinics
- Practice Customer service for veterinary clients
- Learn Medical Filing
- Learn EMR sharing
- Practice speaking with other clinics
- Learn Conversion of Paper records to digital files
- Safe Handling of pets
- Fear-Free Handling of patients
- Learn SOAP writing
- Learn to Assist DVM in room exams
- Learn proper medication dispensing and pharmacy controls
- Learn in-house labs – fecal floats, urinalysis, ear swabs, blood work (Heska and IDEXX)
- Practice safe radiology
- Practice Catheterization
- Learn Anesthetic protocols and monitoring
- Learn pre- and post-surgical standards of care
- Learn OSHA and AAHA standards
- Learn proper Parastaff Scheduling
- Learn Inventory Systems and controls
- Learn DEA compliance
- Learn various practice structures
- Practice Interviewing skills
- Learn about clinic revenue structures
- Q&A sessions re: practice management
- Q&A sessions
GACC’s commitment to internship integrity:
Our unpaid internships are dedicated to educating students and not profiting from their labor. We will structure any intern’s day around learning and practicing skill sets that are instrumental in veterinary work so they can become strong veterinary para staff. Every day the intern will work with various members of management to build their skill set for when they are applying for jobs. There is no promise of employment after the internship period is completed.
To apply, please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with your availability Monday-Saturday.
Welcome to Garrison Animal Care Clinic!
We're here for the pets of Lakewood and the greater Denver area. Use the information below to contact us today. We look forward to hearing from you!
Monday - Friday: 8:00 am - 6:00 pm
Saturday: 8:00 am - 3:00 pm